Is Luis Suarez the best striker of this century?
It’s no surprise that Luis Suarez is already among the list of elite strikers after the magical career he had. The people who have played with him always praise him to be the best striker they have ever seen. The ex Barcelona player scored almost 200 goals in just 6 seasons in Camp Nou while competing against the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi in goals. A long list of achievements already makes him stand out from other strikers of this century including Robert Lewandowski and Karim Benzema.
The big difference between Luis Suarez and other strikers is that he is consistent throughout his career. The player has been the top scorer of 3 different leagues and for his country in Copa America. In the world of modern football, this is a rare sight as strikers lose form more quickly.
In terms of titles, Luis Suarez has won it all except the World Cup and has a huge trophy cabinet for himself. Luis Suarez is always the main man in the team no matter where he played. Our Atletico Madrid striker has 18 trophies inside his cabinet which includes 5 La Liga titles and a Champions League trophy too.
There are plenty of reasons why he is the best striker of this century. The closest striker who matches his career stats is Robert Lewandowski but he won’t ever get past Suarez. Our Uruguayan is ahead of others as he has been versatile and has proved himself in 3 different leagues, unlike Lewanwoski who plays with 13 other talented players in a league of their own. Suarez is tried and tested in almost every team he played for.
The player moved to Atletico Madrid at the age of 33 and still scored 21 goals with them in the first season also winning the La Liga for them. No striker in this century has been as prolific, talented, visionary and motivated as Luis Suarez.
KNVB Cup: 2009–10
Football League Cup: 2011–12
Liga: 2014–15, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19
Copa del Rey: 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
Supercopa de España: 2016, 2018
UEFA Champions League: 2014–15
UEFA Super Cup: 2015
FIFA Club World Cup: 2015
La Liga: 2020–21
Copa América: 2011
Individual Honours Of Luis Suarez:
- Ajax Player of the Year: 2008–09, 2009–10
- Dutch Footballer of the Year: 2009–10
- Eredivisie Golden Boot: 2009–10
- IFFHS World’s Best Top Division Goalscorer: 2010, 2014, 2016
- Copa América Best Player: 2011
- Copa América Team Of The Tournament: 2011
- PFA Team of the Year: 2012–13 Premier League, 2013–14 Premier League
- Liverpool Player of the Season: 2012–13, 2013–14
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2013–14
- FWA Footballer of the Year: 2013–14
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2013–14
- Premier League Golden Boot: 2013–14
- FSF Player of the Year: 2013–14
- European Golden Shoe: 2013–14, 2015–16
- Trofeo EFE: 2014–15
- UEFA Champions League Team of the Season: 2014–15, 2015–16
- ESM Team of the Year: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Boot: 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup MVP of the Final Match Trophy: 2015
- La Liga Pichichi Trophy: 2015–16
- Copa del Rey top scorer: 2015–16
- La Liga World Player of the Year: 2015–16
- Barcelona Player of the Season (Trofeo Aldo Rovira): 2015–16
- UEFA La Liga Team of The Season: 2015–16, 2016–17
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2016
- La Liga Player of the Month: May 2016, December 2017, October 2018, December 2019
- Trofeo Alfredo Di Stéfano: 2020–21
Our Luis Suarez is the best striker of this century.