Prime Eden Hazard Or Neymar Jr? Who Is The Better Player?
Every person who watches football knows that Neymar is a complete baller who always pulls off great skills very often. The new generation has watched the MSN trio while they missed watching the Prince of Stamford Bridge.
Once upon a time Hazard was the biggest baller of the Premier League much cooler than Neymar at Barcelona. He is small, fast, elegant and a pleasure to watch. That didn’t last long in recent years because of frequent injury problems.
Two great wingers who used to dominate their position are highly efficient and almost equal on the pitch. The real battle between their fans is to know that who is the better player.
Is a Prime Hazard better than Neymar Jr?
1: Personal Stats
The main job of any winger is to provide the striker with great balls or score themselves and help the team. These two players have been doing that for their team for many years. People cant forget Hazard on the left-wing playing for Chelsea with magic in his boots and Neymar who got the chance to play with serial goalscorers like Messi and Suarez.
In the 2015/16 season, Neymar got closest to winning the Ballon D’or and was among the top 3 alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. On the other hand, Hazard did not play too well on an individual level but he won the Premier League with Chelsea.
League Statistics of 2015/16
These statistics suggest that Neymar is ahead of Hazard when it comes to contributing to the team. Although it was more difficult for hazard in the Premier League than Neymar in La Liga with Luis Suarez and Messi.
Overall Career Stats (as of now):
The efficiency of Neymar dominates any other winger and it does with Eden Hazard too. He is ahead in terms of goals and assists with better personal stats.
Neymar Jr is the winner in this category.
The transfer of Neymar to PSG was the most shocking transfer of this decade as it meant the end of the legendary MSN trio. PSG is the strongest team in Ligue 1 with little to no competition. It helped Neymar to lift many titles in a short time.
In his career, he won 23 titles including the UEFA Champions League, 2 La Liga, 3 Ligue 1, 3 Copa Del Rey and many other titles. The trophy cabinet of Neymar is bigger than many wingers of this century.
Meanwhile, Hazard faced a downfall after moving to Real Madrid. The player still managed to win the prestigious Premier League twice in his time at Chelsea. He won 10 titles that include 2 Premier League, 1 La Liga, 1 FA Cup and a Ligue 1 title among other titles.
It’s clear that Neymar is ahead in this category too with more than twice the titles of Hazard.
3: International Career
The Belgian National Hazard is a complete baller when it comes to playing for his country. Despite a good team and great performances, he did not win anything with his country.
History suggests that Brasil has given the world the most skilful and creative players including the likes of Pele, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Romario. It won’t be wrong to say that Neymar’s name will be added to this lift when he hangs his boots. He won the Confederations Cup and the Olympics in 2016. The National team of Brasil has the potential to lift far bigger titles and they are aiming to lift them in future.
Given the statistics, we have Neymar as the winner.
4: Individual Stats
Winning titles with their name on them is not easy for any player as they have to stand out for every player to achieve it. Hazard and Neymar have contributed greatly to football and they have been rewarded well for this.
Individual Honours Of Neymar:
- Chuteira de Ouro: 2010, 2011, 2012
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Best Player: 2011
- World Soccer Young Player of the Year: 2011
- FIFA Club World Cup Bronze Ball: 2011
- South American Footballer of the Year: 2011, 2012
- FIFA Puskás Award: 2011
- Bola de Ouro Hors Concours: 2012
- FIFA Confederations Cup Dream Team: 2013
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2014
- Samba Gold: 2014, 2015, 2017, 2020
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2014–15, 2019–20, 2020–21
- La Liga Best World Player: 2014–15
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2017–18
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2015, 2020
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2015, 2017
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2017
- ESM Team of the Year: 2017–18
- IFFHS CONMEBOL Team of the Decade: 2011–2020
- Copa América Team of the Tournament: 2021.
Individual Honours Of Eden Hazard:
- Belgian Sportsman of the year: 2018
- UEFA Europa League Player of the Season: 2018–19
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12
- FWA Footballer of the Year: 2014–15
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2014–15
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year 2014–15
- Belgium Player of the Year: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Chelsea Player of the Year: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2016–17, 2018–19
- FIFA World Cup Silver Ball: 2018
- Bravo Award: 2011
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2013–14
- Premier League Playmaker of the Season: 2018–19
- Premier League Goal of the Month: February 2017, April 2019
- UEFA Europa League Final Man of the Match: 2019
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2018, 2019
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2016–17
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2017, 2018
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2018–19
- ESM Team of the Year: 2014–15, 2018–19
- FIFA World Cup Fantasy Team: 2018
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2018
Despite having more goals, assists and titles Neymar is behind hazard when it comes to individual honours. The only title Hazard did not win is the FIFA Puskas award.
Eden Hazard is clear of Neymar in terms of individual achievements.
Hazard awards this season:— Hazard Stuff (@HazardStuff_) May 27, 2019
UEFA Team of the Season
FIFPro Team of the Year
Chelsea Players POTY
Chelsea Goal of the Year
Belgium Sportsman of the Year
Devil of the Year
Best Belgian abroad
PFA Fans POTY
What a season! 🔥 pic.twitter.com/9FStYXmglN
5: Big Games
Part of the package of being the best footballer is turning up in big games. The Brazilian Neymar Jr is often accused of not turning up in big games. If it is for the Champions League or a crucial World Cup match he is often accused of being confused on the pitch.
The Belgian is miles ahead of Neymar and he gives his 100% in the biggest matches. He makes his presence known and proves to be a constant threat to the opposing defenders. It is the quality that makes a player go from great to the title of a legend. This is the reason why people in London still love him.
It does not matter if you have more goals or assists if you can’t do it in a final.
Is Prime Hazard better than Neymar Jr?
The PSG attacker Neymar is often called the 3rd greatest player of this generation after Cristiano and Messi. There is much truth behind such claims as he has achieved a lot in his career and he did not stop, unlike Bale. The fight for being the best is constantly going on inside Neymar and he would have been the best only if he mastered certain areas of his game.
In the Premier League, every fan understands the value Hazard holds. Just like the name suggest he is a constant Hazard for his rivals who feared him during his time at Chelsea.
Based on all the above statistics and data we conclude that Neymar is a more complete player than Eden Hazard with more numbers and titles to his name.
Who is the Better Player?